Some users have reported a drop in smoothness in build v0.5.2. I suspect the new scrollable widget support might be the culprit, so I’ve created a new build (0.5.3) that lets you toggle support for these widgets on or off.
It’s disabled by default, so if you’re using scrollable widgets, please go to Preferences and check “Enable scrollable widgets”.
For those of you not using scrollable widgets, hopefully this will solve the smoothness problem.
Also, please note that the minimum scrolling speed since 0.5.2 is slower than usual, so if you still have it set at 0, you might want to bump it to 30 or higher. I’ve set the new default at 30.
The new version of LauncherPro Beta (0.5.2) is now available in the Android Market.
This one is for the tweakers and widget lovers. Here’s what’s new:
- Support for scrollable widgets like Pure Messenger.
- Option to disable wallpaper scrolling. This will keep your wallpaper centered at all times.
- New icon “glow” highlights. When you press/select an icon on a homescreen or the app drawer, they will show a glow around the icon instead of the usual yellow/orange box. You can disable this in the preferences.
- Option for high quality scrolling. This will keep your icon and widget graphics in high quality while scrolling. Be warned this will reduce scrolling smoothness though.
- Option to set minimum scrolling speed. The homescreen scrolling speed depends on how fast you swipe your finger. This will let you set a minimum speed, so that even if you swipe your finger slowly, LauncherPro will scroll *at least* as fast as your minimum scrolling speed.
- Option to set screen previews opening speed. Lets you tweak the speed of the screen previews opening/closing animation effect.
- Option to have 2 homescreens. You can now choose from 2 to 7.
- Made the background of open folders translucent. Also fixed a small visual glitch in open folders’ header graphic.
- New LauncherPro style icons for Maps, Navigation, Twitter and Facebook.
As always, head over to our discussion forums to post any comments, suggestions and bug reports.
A small bug fix release, v0.5.1 is on the Market and fixes a bug in 0.5.0 that made scrolling to the right slower than to the left.
A new build of LauncherPro Beta has just been uploaded to the Android market. Here’s what’s new:
- Fixed description of “Opening Speed” preference
- Fixed (hopefully) problem when setting the drawer opening speed to 10
- New LauncherPro-style icons for Google Voice and Camera. More coming soon.
- New 3D app drawer. This feature is EXPERIMENTAL. It probably has some bugs and uses more memory than the 2D drawer, so it might cause some instability. Use at your own risk. To enable it, go to Preferences > Advanced settings > Use 3D drawer.
I know the 3D drawer isn’t exactly like the one on the Nexus One. That one uses a private API not available to developers so this is the best I can do until that API is made open to us. Please don’t ask me to make it like the Nexus One drawer.
Watch out for another update in the coming days that will include some more advanced preferences. I know a lot of you like to tweak every little detail and I’m trying my best to accommodate your needs.
As always, head over to our forum to post all your questions, comments, suggestions and bug reports.
See you soon,
Another minor update, here’s what’s new:
- In 0.4.3, I increased the scrolling speed a bit which caused a bit of lag for some users. I’ve set it back to the way it was before. Will add an option to choose scrolling speed soon.
- Improved the code for the Nexus One dots. They should perform a bit better.
- New Elastic scrolling option: this lets you enable or disable the elastic or “bounce back” effect when scrolling through homescreens. (Advanced settings)
- New app drawer opening speed option: Here you can tweak the speed of the opening/closing effect for the app drawer. Zero is the slowest, 10 makes it appear/disappear instantly. (Advanced settings)
The Android Market is still having issues so I’ve uploaded this one to my server too. Click here to download the APK file.
I’ve just uploaded a new version of LauncherPro Beta (v0.4.3). It’s a minor update that brings two things:
- New “Froyo wide” background for the dock. It’s the same as the Froyo background but it covers all five icons in the dock.
- Next/Previous screen shortcuts with dot screen indicators (like on Nexus One/Froyo). Long-press on a dock icon and choose “Homescreens” to access this feature.
The Android Market has been having some issues lately and many users aren’t able to see LauncherPro on the market.
If you can’t see it on the market, click here to download the apk file.
Just hot on the heels of v0.4.1, here comes a new release! It brings bug fixes and some cool new features
Here’s what’s new:
- Fixed problem in Android 2.2 where the “Restart LauncherPro” option wouldn’t restart the app.
- Fixed missing status bar when set to hide notification bar and Notifications was opened from menu.
- Fixed wallpaper shifting down a few pixels when unlocking the screen.
- When set to hide notification bar, the status bar will be shown when you press the menu button on your phone. This lets you see what kind of notifications you have, wifi status, etc.
- New “Advanced settings” screen within the preferences. This will include some settings for those of you who like to tweak.
- New: Option to choose the number of icons per row in both portrait and landscape mode. The options are 4 and 5 for portrait mode, and from 4 to 8 in landscape mode. (Advanced settings)
- New: Option to have a 4×5 grid on homescreens instead of the default 4×4. Please note this is experimental. It only works with widescreen devices and in portrait mode. In any other scenario you’ll probably end up with icons and widgets overlaying each other. (Advanced settings)
- New: Now you can choose a background for the shortcut dock. For now there are three options; No background, Glass shelf, and Froyo-style. More backgrounds coming in future releases.
That’s it for now, hope you like the new features
Don’t forget to post your comments, suggestions, and bug reports in our LauncherPro Forum
Just a bug fix update, the “Hide Icon Labels” option wasn’t working on v0.4.0. Please update to v0.4.1.
It’s that time again
A new LauncherPro Beta version (0.4.0) has been released and is available now on the Android Market.
Here’s what’s new:
- Performance improvements
- Tweaked some settings to keep LauncherPro from being touched by most Task Killers. This should solve a lot of force close problems some people had with 0.3.0.
- Added a few tweaks which may solve force close issues that some people have been having with some widgets. I can’t seem to get any force closes no matter how many widgets I add, remove, and move, so I cannot test whether these tweaks actually solve these issues.
- Increased the speed of the animation when opening the app drawer just a little bit. Soon you’ll be able to customize the speed to your liking
- Fixed the bug where rotating the phone while the app drawer was open would close the drawer.
- Added option to hide status/notification bar. When it’s hidden, you can bring it up from the menu.
- Added option to hide/show the home button on the app drawer. This gives you a cleaner look and more icons on the screen. You can press the back button on your phone to exit it.
- Added option to hide icon labels on home screens.
- New “Drop to Uninstall” feature. Simply drag an app over to the trash can and hold it there for two seconds, you’ll see a “Drop to uninstall” message pop up.
- Added ability to remove/hide dock shortcuts. Long-press on the shortcut that you want to remove and select “Blank”. If you want to bring it back, long press on the area where the shortcut was and set a new shortcut
- New dock icon customization options. When you set a dock shortcut, you’ll now get a popup with three options. Default icon to use the application’s default icon. LauncherPro icons to choose from one of the LauncherPro-style (translucent) icons. Custom icon lets you choose any image from your gallery to use as an icon.
- LauncherPro-style icons for: phone, contacts, messaging, browser, email, gmail, market, talk, and music. More icons coming soon.
- Added missing highlights (when focused or pressed) to non-LauncherPro dock shortcuts
As always, please post any suggestions, comments or bug reports in our LauncherPro Forum.
See you soon with more updates
The new LauncherPro discussion forums are up at:
(You can also click “Forum” on the navigation bar at the top of this page)
Sorry for the generic phpBB style on the forum. Haven’t had time to customize it yet.