Archive for April, 2011
LauncherPro v0.8.5 is now available in the Android Market. Before we get onto the change log, here’s some related news:
You can now purchase LauncherPro Plus on the Android Market! This is done through an app called “LauncherPro Plus Unlocker” which unlocks all the Plus features on the free version. You can find it here. Please note that it only works on official LauncherPro releases, modded versions are not supported.
If you purchased LauncherPro Plus on Paypal, you don’t need the new unlocker at all. Your unlock code will continue to work with future versions of LauncherPro. Since the Android Market doesn’t let developers manually add users to an app, it’s not possible to migrate Paypal users to the Android Market, so the only way to get the unlocker is to buy it.
The rewrite is still being worked on, and some of its improvements are finding their way into the current LauncherPro. Today’s release includes important memory savings and scrolling performance improvements. More of the rewrite’s benefits will be added to the current LauncherPro in upcoming releases.
Here’s what’s new in 0.8.5:
For all users:
- Reduced memory usage. This should reduce memory-related FCs (if you experience any).
- Improvements to the scrolling performance/smoothness
- Changed Paypal links to Market links
For Plus users only:
- New: LauncherPro Widgets are now skinnable! Widget skins are installed as normal Android apps, either through the Android Market or downloading them from 3rd party websites. Once you install some skins, you can apply them by opening LauncherPro and pressing Menu > Preferences > LP Widget Settings, then choose the widget you want to apply the skin to, press “Select Skin” and pick one of your installed skins. After restarting LauncherPro, the widget should have the skin applied. If you would like to make your own skins, please refer to this thread in our forum for more information.
- Fixed some bugs in the Calendar widget related to daylight savings time.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, please don’t post them in the comments. Head over to our forum and post them there. (READ the rules and stickies first!)
A Beta version of LauncherPro with widget skinning support, along with a sample skin Eclipse project are now available to skin developers!
For download links, more information and details on how to create your own skins, please refer to this post in our forums.
Please read this forum post for more information: